Hoping the following will help when deciding the next steps for CNS required 1000 hours...
I had to break it down into two groups CNS Exam (working on a post about this but currently still working on the process to take the exam so not ready to share since I do not have everything compiled yet) and the CNS Required 1000 hours (almost done), so it won't overwhelm me because it can... once the two were separated into their own groups then I split CNS Required 1000 Hours into subgroups:
The following are the types of internships and supervision programs that are available out there. There is not a one fits all or one that will hit all your needs and/or wants, it's a matter of finding one that you can afford and hits most of your needs and/or wants... Some food for thought on what you are looking for--
**Couple other questions to ask yourself about what you want out of your mentorship- help with CNS Exam?? Community?? Business Building?? Cost?? Do I even need to obtain the CNS or not in my state?? Do I want a program or an individual experience?? This is on top of deciding if you want someone to provide the clients or not. There are a lot of questions, concerns etc... Definitely a lot...
Actual CNS Supervision Programs
1) MUIH Experiential Supervision Program: There are two options and I don't believe financial aid will pay for this... and I believe this is just for MUIH graduates only and can only be started after graduation....
2) The Nutrition & Herbal Collective Mentorship Program with Rebecca Snow & Sunny Brigham (Formerly Rebecca Snow Mentorship) Rebecca has been running this program for a long time and offers a wonderful community for life-- I chose this one for myself because I wanted a somewhat hands on approach and a community for the mentorship and beyond; plus she is growing and offering so much more even since I started the program-- She is currently rebranding the mentorship program along with her website and a few other things-- the addition of Sunny Brigham, MBA, MS, CNS, is just one of many things changing because Sunny adds not only nutrition knowledge but also business coaching-- so it's growing fast!! Lastly, they just started a CNS prep course that should be just as wonderful...
3) Supervision with Dr. Kara Fitzgerald- She’s both an ND and a CNS, so there’s a LOT to learn here. It’s a bit expensive, but looks like an amazingly detailed program. It appears to be a very hands-on clinical program, much like hospital residency for doctors, but in a virtual clinic. The program is 12 months long and is completely remote.
4) Supervision with IFNS – Integrative and Functional Nutrition Supervision- They offer education, support, mentorship, and even business coaching tips.
5) Supervision with The Clinician’s Incubator- This one also comes highly recommended, especially if you want to work with body image, eating disorders, and Health At Every Size (HAES). I believe they offer regular case reviews for all participants, but you don’t get the chance to shadow others. They have modules to help with your internship education and to help with preparing for the CNS exam. If you’re doing your internship before taking the CNS exam, this might be the best choice for you.
6) Supervision with Jan Kielmann- This is a new program, but they offer both online or onsite supervision options as well as biweekly case reviews. If you’re in the East LA area, this might be a good option for you, especially since it is a bit more affordable than most others. You can get 100 CNS hours for $100.
7) Supervision with The Nutrition Collaborative- This program is new.. believe it started in 2019 with Dr Dina Filatova, so I don't have much information on this one as much as the others because when I was looking for a supervision program or supervisor they didn't have a website yet, so I didn't really research it much...
Actual CNS 1:1 Supervisors
And if you’ve already got access to clients, or you’ve got a job that will provide you with hours or you want to build a private practice a bit more on your own but you still need a supervisor, here are some options:
There are so many options and wonderful programs out there.. just have to figure out what you need and want...
Best of luck... you got this far... you got this too!
I am located in Hagerstown, Maryland.
**Due to COVID this practice has transitioned to seeing clients virtually through Healthie video chat, or by phone only.
**Still taking new clients!!
New Hours -By appointment only.
Monday: 12 pm - 8 pm
Tuesday: 930 am - 5 pm
Wednesday: 930 am - 5 pm
Thursday: 930 am - 5 pm
Friday: 10 am - 2 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 2 pm
**If there is a time not mentioned above that works best for you please reach out because I may be able to accommodate the request!
gender identity, height, weight, national origin, language, education, or HIV status.
Medical Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor and cannot diagnose medical conditions, prescribe, or discontinue medication, though I am happy to work in collaboration with your primary physician as part of a complete care team. The information on this website is for educational purposes only and is not intended to serve as medical advice. Please consult your doctor for medical advice
**Please note: 5ElementsCoach.WellnessBusiness.co is apart of 5 Elements Coaching LLC through IINBiz marketing-- it's the program we use to generate the bi-monthly newsletter, webinars, challenges and beyond that is provided on this website....