Health & Wellness Coaching FAQ
What is Coaching?
Coaching is about you as a whole person: your values, work, personal exploration and direction. Through the process, clients typically reach goals, deepen learning, improve performance and enhance their quality of life. Coaches work to motivated individuals like you to develop their own definition of success.
How is coaching different from therapy or a supportive friend or other forms of assistance?
Coaching is an on going relationship where the coach stays with the client to help implement new skills, changes and goals. Coaching focuses on assisting an individual, group or corporation into discovering a solution on their own. Coaching is not therapy, because therapy brings understanding and awareness of past events and/or situations, where coaching provides support and skills to make changes based on the client's own resources and mindfulness. Supportive friends are great but they aren't always able to provide objectivity, where coach's are professionals that are non-judgmental, truthful and objective enough to provide a different perspective to each goal or change, that a client may be determined to do.
Who hires a coach and why?
Anyone can -- Individuals, Groups and/or Corporations. Coaches are hired because:
- Relationships (personal and/or professional)
- Career and transitions
- Lifestyle changes
- Stress and health
- Growth and productivity (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and/or physically)
- To discover innovative ways to do things more efficiently.
What happens during a session?
Depending on if it's the first session, also known as the Discovery session (60 minutes) or sessions (30-45 minutes) there after will mostly include:
- Where are you now in relation to where you want to be?
- What are your goals? Are they based in your visions and values? Are they based on your wellness wheel?
- In order to get what you want from any situation, what are the areas of strength and what are the areas for improvement and focus?
Why does coaching work?
Coaching works for several reasons: creation of trust and honesty between the coach and client creates momentum goals are defined and supported by a coach which enhances the client to effortlessly move towards their goals clients develop new skills, and these new skills translate into a balanced life
Why is coaching becoming so popular?
Coaching is becoming popular for several reasons:
- people don't want to continue doing what they think they "should" do and they "want" to do things that resonate with their heart, body and mind- you have choices, so explore them.
- people are realizing how simple it can be to accomplish something by creating the time to invest in themselves.
- people are looking for deeper meaning in their lives and work, hence spirituality, growth and understand are key factors today.
How long must I commit if I start working with a coach?
Most coaches ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months even if it's just one goal or many. However, there is always the option to discontinue with a coach immediately if you feel the partnership is not working for the you. Most coaches will ask for a written agreement or contract.
What does it cost to hire a coach?
With most services such as coaching, the cost will vary depending on the coach, the type of coaching, the duration of coaching, whether it is personal or corporate and/or the nature of the project (if there is one).
5 Elements Coaching LLC © 2015-2020 All Rights Reserved.