This recipe is: anti-candida; chicken; dairy free; egg free; gluten free; grain free; ketogenic;
low-glycemic; nut free; paleo; salad; soy free; sugar free
11 ingredients · 1 hour 15 minutes · 2 servings
8 ozs Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
2 tbsps Avocado Oil (divided)
1/2 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Lime (juiced)
2 tbsps Cilantro (finely chopped)
2 cups Baby Spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
2. Place chicken breasts in a baking dish. Drizzle with half of the oil and season with chili powder, paprika, garlic, and salt. Rub the seasoning and the oil all over both sides of the chicken. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes. Cut the rested chicken into 1/2-inch cubes and allow it to cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, add the bell pepper and tomatoes to a bowl with the lime juice, cilantro, and the remaining oil. Stir to combine.
4. Divide the peppers, tomatoes and dressing between jars then add the cooled chicken and spinach. Place the lid on the jar and store in the refrigerator.
5. To serve, dump the contents of the jar into a bowl. Enjoy!
Refrigerate jars for up to three days.
Add onion and garlic to the peppers and tomatoes. Add chipotle chili powder, cumin, onion powder or cayenne pepper to the chicken seasoning. Serve with black beans, brown rice or corn kernels.
Avocado, sliced jalapenos, green onions and extra cilantro.
Make the chicken in advance to save time.
This is a family favorite-- it's savory and approved by a 9 year old whom loves to help make them...
Also the filling can be varied with other meats and vegetables etc... be willing to explore and try something new... Enjoy!
(modified from unofficial harry potter cookbook)
Meat and Potato filling:
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
6 ounces Chuck Steak (diced into ¼ inch pieces)
2 tbsp Gluten Free Flour
1 ½ cups Chicken Broth
1 Russet Potato (cut into ¼ inch pieces
Gluten Free Pie Crust:
3 cups Gluten Free Flour (I use King Arthur measure for measure flour)
½ tsp Salt
18 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup + 1-3 tbsp Water
To prepare meat and potato filling heat oil in pan then brown the meat then add chicken broth, potatoes, and flour cook until gravy thickens (potatoes will be underdone it's okay they will finish cooking in the oven).
To prepare pie crust first add the flour then salt, butter in chunks, egg, water mix well. Roll between two pieces of floured parchment paper to approximately 1/8th inch thick, using a wide coffee mug approximately 4in round cut 6 rounds and place them into a greased muffin pan then put meat and potato mixture into each cup then using a smaller cup cut 6 more rounds to use as the top pinching the lightly dampened sides.
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
For 30 - 35 minutes allow to cool for 15 minute before serving (it will be very hot)
Add cottage cheese/ricotta, half of shredded cheese and seasonings together in a bowl.
In (1 1/2-qt.) baking-roasting pan arrange with sauce on bottom for no sticking then a layer of zucchini then the the meat then a layer of zucchini and sauce then cottage cheese/ricotta cheese mixture then a last layer of zucchini. Top with remaining zucchini, and sauce.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes.
Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.